Unit validation in spreadsheets

We've designed a technology for adding physical
and financial unit validation to spreadsheets.  A
description of our prototype for Excel is in a paper
to appear in the Intl. Conference on Software
Engineering (ICSE '04) this May.

To make this technology work well, it needs to be
closely integrated with a spreadsheet.  Our prototype
is an add-on to Excel, and that's just too slow.  Though we've
described it to folks we know at Microsoft, it's unlikely
they'll be interested in adding unit validation to Excel.

Would folks in this community be interested in
having unit validation to Gnumeric?  What would
be the best way to get that done?

-- Paul