Re: Import Psion Sheet files

Jody wrote:
Ulf Uhlemann wrote:
Hi,

I use Fedora Core 1 and Gnumeric 1.2.1. I have read that early versions
of Gnumeric coult import Psion 5 Sheet files. There is a possibility to
add the Psisheet-importer to Gnumeric 1.2.1 or higher?

The code depends on psiconv. It is currently disabled and has not
been tested in a long time. You may be able to get things working,
but it will almost certainly require coding.

I can confirm this. The gnumeric file importer interface provides a
stream, which the importer reads. The psiconv library operates
directly on files, so the library will have to be extended to handle
libgsf streams.

I tested Psion Sheet import back in the 1.0.x era with sheets written
by the Psion Netbook, but it didn't work for me. Inquiries to Psion
about documentation of the file format went unanswered.

If this is a one time conversion job, using the Psion Windows software
and Excel would be the way to go.

Regards

Jon Kåre