Re: vanishing grid lines

Jody,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 11:21:32AM -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:27:05PM -0400, Chris Dunn wrote:

Can some kind soul please point me towards the resolution of an annoying
and recurrent problem in Gnumeric (and in Excel if that has any
relevance).

Some action that I take in Gnumeric causes an area of grid lines to
disappear from the display. Not sure how I achieved it, but it was
unwanted behaviour.

Hard to make any specific suggestions without seeing a sample but
the first thing that occurs is that you're formatting the cell
background colour to white ?  When a background is set there are no
gridlines in gnumeric or XL.

Thanks for taking time out to answer this piece of trivia. It was
driving me crazy. You are correct in speculating that cell backgrounds
had been set to white somewhere along the line.

My only justification is that when I open Format Cell Background, the
colour selection box shows white whether the background is selected as
white, or whether it is selected as "clear background". Would it be
reasonable to expect it to show "none" or "clear" if the background is
not set to a colour?

Chris Dunn