Re: Gnumeric and RHEL3

Hi Andreas,

Thanks. You were right in noticing that the error message was from
version 1.2.1.

I checked up and yes, I had installed 1.2.8, then uninstalled it and
went back to 1.2.1 after getting the message

/afs/slac.stanford.edu/u/p2/mhd:gnumeric: relocation error: gnumeric: undefined symbol: gdk_threads_lock

when running 1.2.8. I have just repeated that cycle.

There is (and was) only on version and that lives in /usr/bin at
present. I have been careful to keep directories when I built from
source so that I could "make uninstall".

It looks like the Gnome stuff is going closed shop now. Gnumeric
always used to accept from the X clipboard (if the local clipboard was
empty). Now it seems that only the gnome clipboard that is in favor.

The manual still says in section 5.7.4

  Pasting X clipboard in Gnumeric will automatically launch the Text
  Import druid which will assist you in imporitng the plain text
  contents of X clipboard into the spreadsheet. The Text Import druid is
  described in The Text Import Druid.

Thanks again for the help.

Martin.