Re: Gnumeric and RHEL3

Hi Martin,

it seems that you have several copies of gnumeric installed. Probably a
left over from the time you tried to compile it yourself (and likely did
not specify the correct prefix) and from your rpms. (The error message
really only relates to the documentation though.)

I say that because your error message comes from 1.2.1 and not 1.2.8.
Try to find all the gnumeric binaries and directories to get rid of them
and reinstall it from rpm.

Now about copying between emacs and gnumeric. Well that is a problem.
Emacs copies to teh PRIMARY X selection while gnumeric uses the
CLIPBOARD (as it should). If you throw gedit intot eh mix you'll notice
that copying (selecting) in emacs and then trying to paste (using the
menu or ctrl-v) into gedit does not work, but center clicking does. If
you copy from gedit using the menu or ctrl-v then pasting into gnumeric
does work...

Andreas