Re: Help!

hi,

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 07:59, George Maness wrote:
I am probable not the type of user that Gnumeric was developed for. I
simply want a substitute for Excel that won't cost me half a month's
wages.

When I tried to open Gnumeric 1.2.5 I got the message "Windows cannot
open this file".

What other files or resources are needed and where can I find them?

While the windows version of gnumeric is not ready, maybe you could
try using a live-cd version of linux - such as gnoppix. (google search
for it). This is an OS on a CD which is bootable.

this will allow you to demo gnumeric, access your windows files, without
modifying your operating system. if you enjoy it you might even want to
switch over to linux full time.

thanks,
wayne