Re: weird limits

To my great chagrin, I discovered that the last part of the recipe below
(recompilation) is basically impossible. I have tried it on a Mac OS X
machine (heavily finkified), on a Fedora-based enterprise machine, and on
a knoppix up-to-date debian machine. No luck, after spending (literally)
hours getting the latest versions of everything. It looks like I have to
be living in the gnome development world to recompile. It is nice to have
the sources, but if you can't recompile them it is nowhere as nice as it
could be... Perhaps you guys could distribute binary packages with the
ROWS/COLUMNS #defines change, but in the meantime, the advice below seems
purely academic.

  Thanks,

     Igor