Re: autogen

Robert Jerrard said:
if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them, I tried:
[bob penrose scratch_dir]$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/
[bob penrose scratch_dir]$ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/lib/
prior to autogen but still received the above comment on trying autogen. What now?

should that not be
$export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig
where pkgconfing is a directory containing the meta info for installed
packages?
you might like to try
$cat /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgsf
should tell you if it's in the /usr/lib directory, what version etc. If
it comes up with the error "no such ..." then maybe rpm has installed it
'ahem' someplace else.
man find ??

I'm no expert, so someone please jump in if I have this all backwards.

--
Kind regards,
Hal Ashburner