Re: minus numbers denoted by parentheses are not recognised

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 08:08:13AM -0400, george g. wrote:
Using Gnumeric1.1.19.          When downloading stock transactions,  the
negitive numbers are shown in parentheses.  The program does not
recognise these numbers as having any value. The program will not let me
reformat  them as a group to numbers with minus signs instead of
parentheses. It will let me edit individual cells by deleting the
parentheses and adding a minus sign, after which the program recognises
the numbers.

How are you importing those values ?  xls ?
There was a patch in 1.2.7 that probably solved the issue you're
seeing.

The cursor  seems to always be in the form of a plus sign. This
program appears to have everything but I will not be  able to use
it if I can't solve this problem.   I would like to use this
program and will greatly appreceat any help I can get.
Thanks  alot

The current stable release is 1.2.8, about a month old (with 1.2.9
due later this week)