Re: Linking external data

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 09:26:46AM -0400, Richard Black wrote:

What I want to do is import csv files into a number of different sheets
and then, when the csv file changes, refresh the sheet (manually).  In
excel, you can do this using Data->Get External Data to set up the link
and Data->Refresh Data to refresh it.  It looks as if OpenOffice has
something similar (although I can't get it to work...)

Is there a way to use gnumeric to do something similar?

We don't support that yet.  All the hard work has been done, we just
haven't gotten around to storing the parsing options and putting in
a 'refresh' button.  It would be a medium sized project, but
wouldn't require any major changes.  Something like this should
definitely go in during 1.3.  Web queries too.

BTW The new graphing functionality/interface is cool.  The X/Y graphs
offer a variety of additional features over OO, not the least being you
can have multiple series!

They've got a built in ray shader and don't support multiple series ??

PS
    @algorithmics.com ?  That brings back memories.  Say hi to Ron
    and Zerbs for me.  I wonder if any of my code still exists in
    risk*.  If you want to hear a good joke, ask them about
    'TradeWatch' one day.