Re: formula conversion from gnumeric to excel

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 07:12:36PM +0200, Christoph Lehmann wrote:
Hi
My sheet 'RA Effektdarstellung' in my gnumeric woorkbook in the
attachment has a matrix formula in I1:I3 which does not work any more,
if the gnumeric file is saved as excel file. excel even cannot open it
any more.

Interesting problem.  There appears to be three distinct problems

1) unqualified references to sheet local names from non-corner
elements of an array expression mistakenly displayed with
qualification.  Which sounds alot more complicated that the fixed
was :-)

2) Gnumeric did not export functions called only from within array
expressions properly.  There was a warning on your console when you
saved the file.  Again it sounds more complicated than the fix.

3) Even when excel could read the reslting file it would display
    #VALUE
instead of the expression results.  This will take some work.
I'll try to get something functional shortly.