Re: [Fwd: [GTKMathView] ANN: gtkmathview 0.5.1, gtkmathview-bonobo 0.0.1]

Well, when I see MathML, I think of the Docs and the Help for the
functions that could display formulas. So it would be great if gnumeric
could use this.
I don't recall what the long term plans for bonobo support in gnumeric
were. Is bonobo needed to use gtkmathview for displaying formulas in
docs or help files?
Or could the algorithms/functions be copy-pasted into gnumeric to give
it this feature?

Tino

*** gtkmathview-bonobo 0.0.1

This is the big news. We now have a Bonobo Control around GtkMathView
for embedding the widget inside Bonobo applications. Special thanks to
Pouria Masoudi for working on this in the last couple of months.
Although the Control is not complete, it is already usable. I enjoy
particularly using it together with mozilla-bonobo and seeing
gtkmathview embedded in Mozilla, Galeon, or Epiphany displaying large
MathML formulas that the native Gecko's rendering engine would take ages
to render (actually, some formulas that take 3 or 4 seconds to render in
GtkMathView make Mozilla crash after nearly 30 min of hard
computation...). If you want to try this, beware that the CVS version of
mozilla-bonobo is required.

More info can be found on http://helm.cs.unibo.it/gtkmathview-bonobo/.

We plan to add lots of new features in the future and to make the
Control (and the underlying widget) more appealing. Of course feedback
and volunteers are welcome. If you have nice use-cases, please let us
know!

Enjoy,
-- luca