Re: some bugs in 1.1.90

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 01:16:30PM -0400, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
I am not sure if they are known issues and whether I should submit
them to bugzilla.
When in doubt use bugzilla.
As a worst case scenario, we'll close it as a dup and have a record
that it is a frequent problem.

1. The drop-down list of fonts has a problem: I have many fonts
installed, so the drop-down list is *very* long - it doesn't fit on my
screen.
known, fixed.  It was not sizing correctly when the current
selection was not in the list.

2.  When entering data in a cell, the toolbar and menu bar become greyed
out. It may make sense - they are inactive at that moment - but looks
quite distracting and discouraging. Is there a way to avoid it?
not really.  We're open to suggestions.

3. There are some problems with Help: selecting "help" in the menu
launches Yelp and shows table of contents OK, but when I click, say, on
"How to use this manual", I get a blank page - showing absolutely
nothing.
!#$^ !#$^!@$#
We're working on it.

4.  In Preferences dialog, section Files: I see checkboxes
    "Default to overwriting files"
    "Warn when exporting..."
    "schema missing"
This last one is probably a bug - maybe a schema file didn't get
installed?
gnumeric was built on this machine from the tarball using rpmbuild -tb.
exactly.  the sample spec file did not include the 3rd schema.
Fixed.

5. In graph guru, when creating a bar graph, in step 2: select one of
the axes, click "details", select "cross". There is something that looks
like a combobox next to it, but there is no number,
known, unimplemented in 1.1.90, and removed from view now.

6. In "save as" dialog, in the list of file types, there is "gnumeric
XML file format" and "UNFINISHED Gnumeric XML". One wonders what  the
difference is? And does unfinished means that gnumeric XML shouldn't be
used?
I've converted it to
    EXPERIMENTAL SAX based Gnumeric (*.gnumeric)
Which matches the importer (and does not break string freeze).  It
is a much faster way to read/write our native file format.  For most
users its unnecessary, but if you've got a large document that taks
tens of megs, it can be a huge time saver.  However, it has not seen
enough testing to be the default yet.  We'll make the jump early in
1.3 so that it can get tested early in the development cycle.

7. Histogram tool: click bins, then select "calculated bins", then click
in one of entry fields, e.g. "Min". Cursor doesn't appear (however, you
still can enter the value).
Note: if you click on "Min" while "Predetermined bins" is selected, the
dialog behaves as expected: "calculated bins" is selected, and cursor
appears in entry field.
Odd.  I can replicate this too.  Nothing immediately obvious.
bugzilla please.

8. Format cells dialog->alignment tab:
it contains sections "vertical alignement" and "horizontal alignement".
As far as I know, it is not the correct spelling of this word - at least
not in American English, not sure about British. But even if it is
allowed in British, I'd suggest to change it to "alignment" to agree
with the tab name :)
Wow an original miggy typo
1998-09-01  Miguel de Icaza  <miguel nuclecu unam mx>
        * src/cell.c (cell_draw): Finished implementing my new
        drawing scheme.  It now supports all of the Excel 5.0 alignements.

fixed.  This does break string freeze but I think just justifiable.

Thanks for the feeback
    Jody