int/float

Hi all,

How do I make Gnumeric treat something as an int or float? It's critically
important for a plugin I'm writing to know whether it's got continuous or
multinomial data.

Unfortunately, things that look like ints (no decimals, in a column set to
no decimals) sometimes come over as float and sometimes as int.

I didn't get an answer on IRC, so I thought maybe it would take more time
and this would be a better place to post.

As you have time. I can hack around it a bit.

-C
--
Charles R. Twardy, Res.Fellow,  Monash University, School of CSSE
ctwardy at alumni indiana edu   +61(3) 9905 5823 (w)  5146 (fax)