Re: freezing panes

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:38:28AM -0500, Norm Reitzel wrote:
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:45:04 -0400
Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:26:42PM +0200, Tino Meinen wrote:

To freeze the first row, I have to select the second row. (because the
freeze occurs above and to the left of the selected cell)

I don't have the opportunity right now to check how Excel does this.

This is what XL does.

This is a minor issue, but I think it is a quintessential example
of how to emulate something that was done wrong in the first
place.

Like so many of the questionable decisions in MS Excel, I find they
make sense once you've played with them a while.  Changing it would
be trivial, but the slight semantic change seems like its not worth
the incompatibility.

An uglier choice in my mind is Cut not clearing until paste.  Again
it makes sense in a spreadsheet because of the external reference
manipulation.  However, its a really kludgy solution.

If someone wants to specify something better I'm all ears.