Re: Gnumeric sort dialog

Thanks for this.

The drag/drop helps quite a bit -- bit hairy with a touch pad on a
laptop + i keep accidentally making fields case sensitive in the
process, but definitely better than repeated clicking of 'up'.

I tried adjusting the number of fields in the preferences.

Afraid I still feel that this new dialog is much more cumbersome than
the old one.

It took me a long time to work out how to 'Add' columns + the process is
tedious: click in box at the bottom of the dialog, move dialog out of
the way so you can get to the sheet you are trying to sort in order to
click on the column you want to add, back to the dialog and click on the
add button, move the newly added sort field to where you want it.

Eg think of the case where you are sorting an area spanning columns A-Z
and you want to sort on column Z.

In the old dialog you just fired up the dialog, went to the first sort
field, selected column Z, hit OK.

In the new dialog you fire up the dialog, click in the entry box at the
bottom, back to the sheet, scroll across to column Z, select colum, back
to dialog, click 'Add', move the newly added field back to the top.

hopefully I'm still missing something here...

John