Weird configuration issue.

I'm running into a weird gnumeric problem relating to configuration settings.

I'm running gnumeric on a machine I have ssh'ed to (rather than the client I am working on -- will spare you the details).

When I fire up gnumeric I get a dialog which pops up with the warning below + when I ask for details I get all the CORBA error stuff.

Now I can run gnumeric quite happily if I log on as a different user, it is just selected users that are having grief.

I've tried logging out of X, killing any processes that look as though they might possibly have anything to do with gconf and removing any mention of gnumeric from the stuff in ~/.gconf but no joy as yet.

If anyone out there has any suggestions about what to try next (i'm wondering about sacrificing a chicken or two..)  I'd be most grateful.

John

An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for gnumeric. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly.

Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0