Returning proper booleans from python to gnumeric 1.0.12

I have this function in my rc.py for gnumeric:

def func_iff(context, a, b):
    if a == b:
        return True
    return False

Unfortunately, returning True actually returns 1, and returning "TRUE"
actually returns "'TRUE".

Is there any method of returning actual gnumeric booleans from the python
plugin?

Thanks,

--
 Au

 PGP Key ID: 0x385B44CB
 Fingerprint: 9E9E B116 DB2C D734 C090  E72F 43A0 95C4 385B 44CB
    "Maximus vero fugiens a quodam Urso, milite Romano, interemptus est"
                                               - Getica 235