Re: XLS crashes

Am Do, den 16.10.2003 schrieb Allin Cottrell um 17:20:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Jody Goldberg wrote:

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 02:54:59AM +0100, Nick Lamb wrote:

The files found at the following URLs crash Gnumeric 1.2.x on my system

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~njl98r/excel/changeslist.xls
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~njl98r/excel/keydates.xls

There's a segfault inside workbook_sheet_reorder, I didn't investigate
further although I will try if this can't be reproduced by someone more
appropriate.

I can not replicate with a current build under valgrind.
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~njl98r/excel/keydates.xls
The files also open fine in a regular build ofn 1.2.1-bonobo here.
For me, GnomePrint returns some warnings - I bet it caused your trouble.
Currently GnomePrint is a mess (Gnumeric team has taken over HEAD
maintainership to make it a good lib/app :).

        ** (gnumeric:4034): WARNING **: GnomePrint: Requested Arial but using
AR PL KaitiM GB (AR PL KaitiM GB Regular 8,000000)

Please try to upgrade it and recompile Gnumeric afterwards - or maybe it
works if you fetch the AR PL KaitiM GB font from the web.

regs,
 Chris