Re: printing redirect

hi,

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 10:42, Carlos Alberto wrote:
Hi there, I have a question,

Is there any way to redirect printing output to a file
(pdf maybe) ?, so this way, every time i send
something to print, it saves into a /tmp/file instead
of goes to lpt.

I'm using Gnumeric-1.2.2 (downloaded from cvs) on a
RH9 machine and I've seen a file called /src/print.c
which has some printing routines, but since there are
bunchs of xml files round there I'm not pretty sure
(in fact, i have no idea) about which of them should I
modify.

In this Gnumeric version, I can choose between "Create
a PDF file" or "Generic PostScript", so I guess I
could from sources set a default PDF file printing
output.

Gnumeric uses the gnome-print infrastructure, which is supposed
to provide functionality to print to a file.
(you shouldn't need to patch gnumeric to do this)

I think this is what the "Generic Postscript" option is.

It looks like in my copy of fedora core 1 this isn't working.

I have installed:
libgnomeprint22-2.4.0-1
gnumeric-1.2.1-1

Does anyone else notice this problem?

I used to be able to print to a file from gnumeric, but now I can't.

thanks,
wayne