Re: Text import dialog

Andreas J Guelzow wrote:

Emmanuel PACAUD wrote:

Hi,

I plan to work on the text import dialog, especially on the preview
area.

I've identified the following bugs:

  - (very) slow scrolling when importing big file.
  - font is not monospace, which renders column marking in fixed columns
mode hard.
  - no way to select multiple columns for format selection (bug 108984).

Before starting, I want to know if someone has already started a similar
work, and if someone has some thoughts or advices regarding enhancement
to this dialog.

Hi

I am currently working on the text import including the import dialog. The stf has a long list of problems, the ones identified by you above are imho the most minor ones. Essentially most parts of the text import do not work for multibyte characters. There will significant changes to the text import as outlined in parts in BUGS.

I will not be touching the format page so you may want to start there. bug 108984 could be a good start but ideally we also want to change things to use the same format selector as in the main format dialog. So improvements in the main dialog would immediately apply here too.

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow