Re: new developer

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 09:44:20AM +1000, Charles R. Twardy wrote:
I would like to use gnumeric as a front-end to a clustering program that
is very advanced, but has a poor user interface.

Ideally I would add a "Cluster" option to the toolbar, as a plugin, and it
would operate on an array, optionally bringing up some dialog boxen.

Can I do this via the python interface? If so, can someone point me to the
current state?

Or is there a better way? (but I like python...)

The development version should have most of what you need.

1) You can use a 'ui' plugin service (see plugins/uihello for an
   example) to add a toobar item.

2) There is an example of a real time data feed that you can use as
   an exmample of how to import status updates in
   plugins/sample_datasource.

3) The python-loader currently supports defining sheet functions in
   python but does not yet support ui plugins, you'd need to add that.