Re: Automatic conversion for spreadsheets

At 14:00 26/03/03 +1030, Trevor Nichols wrote:
I've got a number of XLS files that I am using gnumeric to convert into
text format using a number of settings on the export wizard.  I've
looked at the code but can't figure out how to get this to be automated.

I don't wish to steer you away from Gnumeric but there is also an open source Excel to HTML converter:
    http://www.xlhtml.org/

It has an add-on that converts Excel files to text.

There is also the Perl module Spreadsheet::ParseExcel that can be used to extract data from an Excel file:
    http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Spreadsheet-ParseExcel

John.