Open Office file formats (Oasis-open) and gnumeric

  Since gnumeric already has Quattro Pro importing, I suspected I should
post this here.  Any help appreciated.

  I haven't yet checked out the source to see who the author of the import
filter is, and hope to talk to this person about licensing issues and
whether this group of students might be able to re-use that code.  If the
result is to be able to be imported into OpenOffice.org then there is a
license incompatability between the GPL and that projects duel/dual
LGPL/SISSL.

  I am also interested to hear more of GNUmeric and GNOME Office
interaction with the Oasis-open TC, and whether this XML-based standard
will be supportd by GNOME Office.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/office/

---
 Any 'hardware assist' for communications, whether it be eye-glasses,
 VCR's, or personal computers, must be under the control of the citizen
 and not a third party.   -- http://www.flora.ca/russell/