Re: embedding image in excel file

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 12:20:48PM -0400, Joydeep Bose wrote:

Can anybody please direct me to an example where I can embed a jpg or png image
in an excel spreadsheet. I am basically looking for the gnumeric xml format to
do this.

We haven't defined it due to limitations in the the 1.0.x format.
What we're likely to do in an effort to get 1.2.x out soon is to
keep the 1.0.x raw xml format and just dump the image in as a base64
encoded string, then make the jump to a structured format to handle
binary blobs for 2.0 in the next few months.  If you're interested
the relevant code is in
    gnumeric/src/sheet-object-image.c:sheet_object_image_read_xml

and it should be fairly trivial to tack this on.