Re: style color does not show up in Excel, Is it working with Excel or the feature only in Gnumeric????

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 01:06:31PM -0400, Yan, Charlene wrote:
All,

I'm using xmlns:gmr="http://www.gnome.org/gnumeric/v7"; in
producing the Excel report.  Somehow styles do not show up in the
report.  For example, the following code has Fore and Back and
PatternColor specified.  But they don't show up in Excel.
StyleBorder works though.  Here are my questions.  Are there any
other styling languages out there other than gnumeric for me to
use?  Is there a support group for using gnumeric out there?

Thanks a lot!

Charlene

        <gmr:Style
              Shade="0"
              Fore="F800:0:0"
              Back="0:8000:0"
              PatternColor="C000:C000:C000"

I suspect the issue is that Shade == 0, try 1

Fore    == font colour
Back    == the background for the cell, but XL only uses it if shade > 0
Pattern == the stipple colour, but XL only uses it if shade > 1

In general the best place for these questions is probably the cocoon
folk.  If I understand things correctly they real an older form of
gnumeric's xml and generate xls from it.  We don't have a huge
amount of input into the process.