Re: how to write a function for the following task

Op ma 14-07-2003, om 15:20 schreef Feiyue Li:
Dear all:
  I am a newbie of gnumeric. I want to performe the following task.
  I have two columns A and B, and I want to compute sum((A(i)-B(i))/A(i)).
I can't find a function to perform this.

well, you could do like this:
in cell C1 put: =(A1-B1)/A1
then expand this to the rest of column C by dragging the lower right
hand corner of C1 down.

Then in a seperate sell (for instance D1, put: =sum(C1:Cx) with x the
length of the colomns A and B.

Regards
Tino