Re: choosing the decimal character separator

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:59:00PM +0100, Roberto Bernetti wrote:
Hy
I'm new to gnumeric, I would know if it is possible inside gnumeric or inside
gnome office to chose the decimal character separator. In Italy we use coma
for decimal separation but the output of most numerical packages are in dot
separator.

Gnumeric uses the current locale settings to select things like
    - decimal seperator
    - thousands grouping
    - day-month-year vs month-day-year
    - default currency
    etc

You can set your environment using LC_ALL or break things down more
specificly using LC_NUMERIC and LC_MONETARY to leave the messages in
english, but still use italian numeric conventions.  There are lots
of docs and tools available on how to set those environment
variables.

Good Luck
    Jody