Re: Notes on Re: "Select All" Memory Bug?

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 07:28:45PM +0100, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
actually, I'd prefer to disallow extending the selection past the end
of the sheet.  if you really want to go that far "out of bounds", you
can type in the coordinates.
Ick.  Its not unheard of to go out of bounds,  think autofill, or
range fill.

it would also be good to have a way of saying: the sheet ends here.
it can be quite painful to convince Gnumeric of that by removing all
content and style (it may be due to poor technique on my part, but
stupid users need help too).
We could definitely use some improvement there.  Its inexpensive to
expand, but difficult to know when to contract.  I've been meaning
to add an idle check for it, but that is low priority.