Graphing development - question

Hi,

I'm currently trying to implement single element formatting in the
graphing engine of gnumeric (like changing drawing attributes of a pie
part).

To do so, I need to track mouse events in the chart area, at the
gog_control_foocanvas level, which is the way user will select a serie
element. What I've done is to override the event function.

The problem is that as soon as a button click occur over the
chart area, the chart is selected and no more mouse events are transmitted
to gog_control_foocanvas.

In fact, I need the exact opposite behaviour, I want to handle mouse
event only when chart is selected.

Any idea on how to enable transmission of mouse events to a foocanvas_item when
it's selected ?

        Emmanuel.