Formulas are frozen on import

Info:
Document created on:  FreeBSD 4.9
With Gnumeric 1.2.2
Sent to Office 97 on Windows 2000

Hi:

 I opened a Gnumeric spreadsheet that was converted to Office97/2000/Xp
*.xls, here at work, and I see that the formulas are frozen. That is if I
duplicate cells I get the same number like so:
0.17
0.17
0.17
0.17
0.17
0.17
0.17

instead of the desired result:
0.17
0.03
0.12
0.25
0.05
0.41
0.52
0.16

I can unfreeze the cells by double clicking and hitting return on each one.
Could this have been caused by using templates I made with Gnumeric 1.0.12 ?

                                                Kind regards,
                                                Jonathan