Re: For mingw developers ...[Fwd: Win32 GNOME 2 Patches]

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:04:35AM +1000, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
To our mingw developers,
                 I saw this email on a gnome mailing lista little while ago.
I was wondering if any of you intrepid hackers could take up the challenge
to build Gunmeric (a really good Spreadsheet based on Gnome technologies)
on Windows.

There are also projects that enable GTK2 based programs to look like
native Windows XP applications.

If we can get Gnumeric compiled on Windows we a huge step closer to having
an Office Suite on Windows.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Win32 GNOME 2 Patches
From: Charles Iliya Krempeaux <charles reptile ca>
Date: Tue, April 15, 2003 3:53 pm
To: gnome-devel <gnome-devel-list gnome org>

  http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/

It contains a bunch of Patches for making GNOME 2
run on Windows.

Heck Gnumeric doesn't actually need even the entire gnome stack.
I've been ripping out depends at the libgnome and libbonobo level
for a while now.  The key element missing is a build system for
win32 and someone willing to kick things around and whine when it
won't compile.  There are probably a few lingering remnants, but
nothing insurmountable.