Re: Wkbk/environment Preferences?

Jody,
Thanks.  Inline...

On Wednesday, October 23, 2002, at 04:54  PM, Jody Goldberg wrote:
If by date convention you mean 'd/m/y vs m/d/y' that is already
supported in 1.0.x via the locale.  If that is not what you meant
can you give me an example ?

By "Date convention" I meant whether the 1904 date system is used (as on a Mac w/ Excel) or 1900 system is used. Under the former, 1/2/1904 is a date-format of 1.0, under the latter 1/1/1900 is the date format of 1.0.

Where can I find out about the direction of the project,
development-wise?
At the lowest level the files BUGS and TODO give some overview of
targets, but no dates.

What about higher levels?

Oh, kudos to the folks who implemented stdev, var, binomdist, and
similar functions: they go far in fixing things within Excel that are
still buggy, after all these years. (sheesh, sounds like a song...)
Thanks Morten, Andreas, and the R project.

Ahhh, the R project. Of course. They're the reason I waded into this part of the world. <g> Are things moving so that a result one sees in R would be identical to what one would see in Gnumeric, where the overlap exists? Now *that* would be nice indeed.

DaveB