Re: INDIRECT and real-time question

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 04:39:37PM -0400, Pavel Shevchenko wrote:
Hi, All:

In our company we are going to use gnumeric instead of Applix, so
I am going to implement proper INDIRECT() function and real-time interface.

Ok, it looks like I may finally have cracked this nut.  The patch is
in CVS to support dynamic dependencies for things like INDIRECT,
OFFSET, INDEX and friends.  It seems to work and should have decent
time/space performance.  Bug 5223 is at long last closed (the oldest
non-enhancement bug).  I'll need to have a look to see what the next
target is.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on a real time interface.
Given the plethora of data feeds and the ugly parsing required for
some of the page based services I'm quite interested in what you're
aiming for.  Sending an overview to the list or coming by #gnumeric
on irc.gnome.org would be a good start.

Good Luck
    Jody