Re: INDIRECT and real-time question

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 04:39:37PM -0400, Pavel Shevchenko wrote:

In our company we are going to use gnumeric instead of Applix, so
lovely.

I am going to implement proper INDIRECT() function and real-time interface.
Hold off for a day.  I finally have a decent idea for how to manage
thedynamic dependencies and was goingto tryitout tonight.

I was able to create some real-time interface based on sample datasource
example plugin, but it has one problem: there is no way to stop updating spreadsheet
when user remove real-time function call.
The sample data source should handle this correctly. When the
function call is removed the original expression is unlinked, and
the handler is called.

The same problem exists with the
dependency problem for INDIRECT() function.
This is actually a bit more complicated because the dependencies are
internal.  I'm going to try adding a dep flag an catching it ateval
time.  Similar to the iteration support,

So, now I am going to implement some way to register/unregister
callbacks for the cell changes, which will be called just after user
finish editing cell, but before formula parsing.
interesting, but probably not ideal.

I'll send a note to the list tommorow with a stutus update.  Your
timeing is excellent.  This is the oldest open bug we have.