Re: gnumeric - unlimited table size

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 04:55:19PM +0200, el wrote:
hi,

are there any plans to create a table size with
an unlimited number (or lots) of rows (and columns?)?
maybe a million or more?
i could need that urgently, but have found
closed source software only so far.
if you know anything about such plans,
or could else give me a pointer,
PLEASE reply.

1) You can easily change the maximum size of a gnumeric sheet by
   changing a few #defines.  The precise mechanics have been
   discussed before on the list.  However, I have no idea what the
   performance characteristics will be.  We've never tried a
   workbook with more than 1M Cells.

2) Gnumeric is unlikely to support dynamic maxima in the forseeable
   future.  The current data structures assume a fixed shape, but
   are reasonable about handling sparse data.