Re: Gnumeric : Contest for a Splash Screen

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 21:34, Jeff Waugh wrote:
Just to play devils advocate, is there anyway to make gnumeric launch
fast enough where it doesn't need a splash screen. This would really be
the best solution. Splash screens are really annoying and should only
be used when an app is slow as malasis starting up (see oo.org).

Jody noted in his post that the splash screen would only be shown when a
document takes longer than 3s to open.

Try Gnumeric some time to see how fast it loads without such a document...
No splash screen required - it's lightning fast.

- Jeff

I only skimmed the email and must have missed that :) This is good to
hear and I had a sneaking suspicion that it was fast as lightning which
was why the discussion of a splash screen worried me (seemed like
unneeded branding). Anyway I look forward to playing with gnumeric2 once
I get a working setup up and running again :)

dave