Re: LC_NUMERIC and gnumeric

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:47:01AM -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:
Am I right in thinking that even if LC_NUMERIC is set to a locale
where the decimal point is ',' (and it is shown as such by gnumeric
on-screen) nonetheless the point will be represented as '.' inside any
saved .gnumeric file?

yes.

1) .gnumeric files are saved using C locale conventions.  The string
   encoding is a touch murky in 1.0.x, but as of 1.1 it is definitely
   defined as utf8.

2) We use LC_NUMERIC for decimal point, and LC_MONETARY for
   thousands seperator.