Re: incompatible Excelfiles (saved with gnumeric 1.0.6)

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 11:05 pm, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 05:01:20AM +0200, Dark Knight wrote:
I loaded an Excelfile with gnumeric, worked with it and saved it as
Excel 95. Now I tried to open this File at work with Excel XP
2002, but it didn't work.
Without seeing the file in question I can't really comment.  XLS
export should be stable, but it is not impossible that you've hit
another under documented corner.

I can somewhat confirm this.

Jody, we communicated sometimes ago about this problem, and I sent you a
file. But you couldn't reproduce the problem.
I also posted e-mail regarding this problem in this list (Subjec: broken
Excel export in gnumeric 1.0.5?)
I checked my installation, and has all the necessary plugins enabled. I don't
remember seeing this problem in earlier version (before 1.0).

I will try to do some more testing to help confirm this when I have the time.
Hope this get resolved soon. In any case, thanks to the developers for
looking at this.

Reuben D. B.