Re: broken Excel export in gnumeric 1.0.5?

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 10:48:00AM -0500, Reuben D Budiardja wrote:
file in gnumeric, using fixed width. I edited a little bit, then I saved as
excel format. The next morning when I tried to open the .xls file, it gives
me an error message, something like:
" the file is not an OLE file. It may be too old for gnumeric to read. Sorry,
the management".

So, my reaction was, "huh ?". I tried to open the file using Excel in win
machine, and it gives me "File is not recognizable".

Then I tried my other larger gnumeric file, saved it as excel format. Same
result with excel: I cannot open it in MS Excel.

So, is this a known bug?

This is almost certainly a known libole2 bug.
Basicly we can not save a file larger than 6.8 meg.  I'm working on
a replacement now that will fix this.  I don't know if it will be
back ported to 1.0.x.