Re: Python and CORBA/Bonobo

Is there any centralized location that tracks what features of Gnumeric
are usable/unusable? If not, it seems that something like this would be
useful at least from a user perspective, so that people don't make the
same mistake I did and waste a couple days attempting to utilize
deprecated features (i.e., gnorba).

I would also like to point out that it's a tad bit confusing that
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/technology.shtml
has a link to Owen Taylor's Perl bindings for CORBA/ORBit page.
The reason it's confusing is because the page contains a download for
the GNOME::GNORBA module, which still contains an outdated Gnumeric
example. This could easily set people down the wrong path of spending
hours trying to get GNORBA to work with Gnumeric. It might be wise to
put a disclaimer on the page linking to Owen's to the effect of "don't
use the GNOME::GNORBA module with Gnumeric".

-
Travis Whitton <whitton atlantic net>