Re: 1.0.5 compilation error

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 11:16:04AM -0800, Gregory Margo wrote:
On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 04:15:11PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
Looks like a potentially missing file in the docs build.  Not
terribly important please ignore it.  I'll try and get all the kinks
worked out for 1.0.6 next month.

At least two generated files are also checked into CVS.
(functions.sgml, func.defs)
IMO, generated files should not be in the repository.
I agree, but there is a good reason for it.
functions.sgml needs to be in cvs so that docs folk do not need to
build gnumeric.

Since all good programmers always check out source trees in read-only mode
(cvs -r, or CVSREAD environment variable), and the shell generally balks
at overwriting a read-only file, the compilation will fail without
first removing the target.

Good point, I'll work this into the rule set.