Re: PATCH: Add --print support to command line

...and gnumeric will print the active sheet and then exit, without
throwing up any GUI elements.  It's *not* a console-only app.  Hacking
the X dependencies out would be difficult, if not impossible. We've been
using it, and it works well.  I have no problem "owning" it if that's an
issue.  The patch applies to gnumeric 1.0.4.

Hmm, the idea is good, but the implementation could use some love.

That was the nicest patch rejection that I've ever had, and the list is
long and distinguished. :-)

I'd like to see something like
    gnumeric --print-sheet=sheet2 --print-sheet=sheet3 foo.xls

Learning that corner of the code was the difficult part.  Multiple
--print-sheet's?  Why not --print-sheets=1,4,5,6?  Eh, I'll do it both
ways and let the list decide.

Which requires 2 changes
1) Check that there is only 1 file to be opened.

Yes, I should have done that with the original.

2) change the flag to be a string with a NULL being equivalent to
the current behavior of 'print the visible sheet'

Good idea.

Get the handling in place for that and we can discuss how to get
things printed.

Will do.

Matthew