Re: Mix latin and exotic characters

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 05:14:40AM -0500, andy_man popmail com wrote:
I'm a newbie, and I run Gnumeric v1.0.5.
I wonder if it's possible to mix latin characters along with other
foreign alphabets (not necessarily within the same cell/column)?
Does Gnumeric support the unicode charset?
Is there a way to do this? How do I set it up?
If it's not, do you have plans for this? I'm interested in learning more.

Gnumeric 1.0.x still uses 8 byte characters internally so you are
limited to displaying locale encoded characters in the cells (the
edit line is smarter).  For 1.1.x we are moving to utf8 internally,
and will use pango to draw the cells.