solver

For me the most interesting thing in gnumeric is solver it is
a possibility to solve a linear programming problem.
I inputed one problem with 18 unknowns and 11 constrains.
I got always a bad solution. The solution did not agree with
constrains. So was through several weeks. Then once I changed
rows with columns. And then I got a right solution. ?
Should I understand that in this problem each constrains should be
writed to a row. It must not be writed in one column.
Or perhaps it is another error in my column probe.
Or maybe I interpreted the sumproduct bad.
I put sumproduct(a1:a18,m1:m18) ?
BRGRDS Romek

BRGRDS Romek