insert AbiWord object fails

Hello,
I run gnumeric 1.0.8 on Debian unstable. In the insert -> object
dialog I can select an AbiWord object but I get the message "Unable to
create object of type 'OAFIID:GNOME_AbiWord_Control'. Is that supposed
to work? Where can I look for help on how to resolve that problem? Are
there diagnostic tools for the oaf stuff? Unfortunately, there are no
manpages for the oaf-* tools.

I appreciate any help!

/Axel

Axel Franke               <axel franke forbrf lth se>
Combustion Physics, Lund Institute of Technology
Phone +46.46.2223108               Fax +46.46.2224542