Re: gnumeric - EXCEL plugin

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 10:20:04AM +0100, Lutz M?ller wrote:
I've got an EXCEL sheet with comments. However, the comments don't get
imported (at least, they don't show up in gnumeric). Is this looked
after or an item for the TODO list?
we only read comments in XL 95 form.  The newer comments are more
work because they are embedded in escher streams.  It is not
impossible, but I've never gotten around to it.

If latter is the case, I could try to dig through 1.0.x code (my
computer isn't "gnome-2 compliant") in order to submit a patch. I don't
know how difficult it would be for you to port it to HEAD. However, if
you can fix this in 30 seconds if I send you the xls-file, that would be
ok, too :-)
There are lots of things ahead of that on the priority queue, so
feel free to start poking at it.  A forward port from 1.0.x should
not be hard.  The XL import code has not changed radically in 1.1.