Guppi 0.40.3 Released
- From: Jon Trowbridge <trow gnu org>
- To: guppi-list <guppi-list gnome org>
- Cc: gnumeric-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org, lwn lwn net
- Subject: Guppi 0.40.3 Released
- Date: 22 Jan 2002 07:59:01 -0600
Your Guppi development team is pleased to announce the release of
Guppi 0.40.3, code name "I forget most of it but it was clever".
Guppi is a GNOME-based framework for graphing and interactive data
* What's New
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- The guile dependency has been removed.
- The distributed .spec file now actually works.
- We no longer crash on PPC.
- We can now add/delete series in Gnumeric.
- Graphs in Gnumeric can now use dates.
- Rendering fixes to produce crisper-looking graphs.
- A more sensible marker size range in bubble plots.
- The code base has been purged of lots of cruft.
* Friends of the Fish
Roy-Mange Mo, Jonathan Blanford, Greg Leblanc and Adrian Custer
helped to fix and test the new .spec file.
Morten Welinder and Etsushi Kato helped resolve the PPC issues.
Jody Goldberg implemented the cool new Gnumeric stuff.
You can get the Guppi 0.40.3 tarball here:
An RPM for Red Hat 7.2 is available at:
A source RPM is at:
Visit http://www.gnome.org/projects/guppi to learn more about
Guppi basically requires a complete and fairly up-to-date
GNOME 1.4 installation, such as Ximian GNOME. You will need to
have (among other things)
- bonobo 1.0.8
- gnome-print 0.28
To use this version of Guppi to insert graphs into your Gnumeric
spreadsheets, you *must* have Gnumeric 1.0.3 (or better) with
Bonobo support installed *before* compiling Guppi.
Be aware that Guppi is still EXPERIMENTAL software, and
support for graphs in Gnumeric is still VERY INCOMPLETE.
Feedback and bug reports are always welcome, but you don't
need to tell us that lots of features are missing: We already
] [Thread Prev