Re: View sharing

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:13:58PM -0800, Gregory Margo wrote:
How can you work on two areas of a spreadsheet at once?

I don't see an Excel-like feature to split the screen into two
independently scrollable viewports.

The "View New (Un)shared" menu item creates a new window on the same file,
EXCEPT the view jumps to changes (and even selections!) made in the other
view.  Why?  (Also I don't see the difference between Shared and Unshared.)

What I need is "View New Unshared Independent", so the two windows operate
on the same spreadsheet, but don't jump to changes in the other view.

Any ideas?  What am I missing?  Should I hack the code?

Unshared is not finished yet.  We're still working on it.  The goal
is that unshared do what you describe.