Re: Gnumeric 1.0.3 and Check boxes

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 07:58:20PM -0500, John Johnson wrote:
Hello,
When importing excel spreadsheets containing check-boxes, it appears
that the the formulas work but the labels aren't displayed. Instead, the
labels are replaced with "Checkbox n". Is this a known problem.

Yes this is known.  I have not implemented that yet.  In general
SheetObjects should be considered 'a work in progress'.  The frame
work is bug free and somewhat usable, but the objects themselves
need more features to support full MS Excel (tm) compatibility.  XLS
import is also slow going because as of XL97 the file format was no
longer documented.  I think I've got some ideas on how to handle the
label text, we'll get there soon.

Adding these features would be a good medium sized project.  Adding
the XLS import would require research.